Inherit Eternal Life



To inherit eternal life Jesus teaches us two conditions (Luke 10:25-28): i) Love God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind; ii) Love your neighbor as yourself. My ultimate goal is receiving eternal life.  We all understand the need to love God. But “loving my neighbor as myself” is a problem. That is the reason the teacher of law put counter question “who is my neighbor?”

Through the story of Good Samaritan Jesus tells who is my neighbor. Any good Samaritan is my neighbor. First two people who came near wounded man doesn’t find time to help. But the Samaritan has time and takes risk to rescue the wounded man who is in need of help. Again he secures him by taking to an inn and all the money he has. He assured to bring more money. So one who spends time and money for me is my neighbor. Anyone who loves me sincerely is my neighbor.
First of all my parents are the ones who can do all these. Also those who takes up this responsibility in my life. It may be my friends, relatives, a teacher etc. Bible speaks of children’s duty to their parents (Sirach 3: 1-16)